From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2013 07:06:51 -0400
Sarah Senior Reporter
Daisy Cub Reporter
March 2013

Hello out there in cyber land, Sarah and Daisy sending a reminder that
anyone that gets our news has already received a registration form to
fill out; if Miss Brie does not have it back by April 1 you will be
removed from our mailing list. Some of you have let Mum know you can
not open the attachment, just drop Miss Brie an email and she will
send one out to you snail mail. Miss Brie is getting this together so
if something happens to our Mum Miss Brie has a way of reaching you to
let you know something has gone very wrong.

SOOOOOOOOOO if you no longer want to receive our news letters updates
and/or special rants then do nothing, if you do please get that form
off to Miss Brie before April 1, 2013 you can reach her here

Sarah Here: Oh Daisy did you see how many stamps came in the mail for
us? Our Stamp campaign http://www.ferretfarm.org/PossumRants.html was
a huge success so much so that all the folks that sent them saved Mum
enough money to buy us 2 - 50# shelter bags of TF! We have the most
awesome shelter friends in the world thank you for helping Mum take
care of us.

Daisy Here: little Maggie the newest fur kid to come though our doors
had to be kept away from the shelter and us established fur kids until
she went to see our Favorite Doc. She got her hurt sticks and check
up so Mum got her settled into the shelter. Maggie got her first day
in the play areas; the morning after she slept in her new cage. You
can see more about Maggie here
http://www.ferretfarm.org/ferrets/Maggie2/Maggie.html

Miss Marcia (My far away mom) and Miss Donna came to help, they got
lots done. Miss Donna kept up with cages; while Mum and my far away mom
took care of our play areas. They worked on play area papers; my far
away mom picked up dirty papers Mum laid clean ones down. My far away
mom took me with her from room to room; I had so much fun chasing after
her and climbing the things I have no business climbing,(so Mum says) I
pooped out about 1 crawled into the blanket and went to sleep, leaving
my far away mom to finish things up without me.

Sarah Here: Miss Marcia stripped the play pen where Gracie and her
brothers had been, Miss Donna stripped the cage they had been living
in while Mum set up the sick pen for them up in her space. Miss Marcia
left about 2:45; she lives 2 hours away from here so she needs to leave
earlier than Miss Donna who left a couple of hours later.

Little Gracie was up eating and doing better now that she is up in the
sick pen, Mum can pay closer attention to them there and it gives them
more room than a cage but less room than a play area. All 3 have a hard
time walking on the tile floors now, so the sick pen allows them better
mobility. Easier on Mum too, she can clean it up more often with them
in the sick pen.

Little Marshmallow got a valentine package in the mail from her far away
mom, Michelle
<http://www.ferretfarm.org/ferrets/Marshmallow_SnowyBowie/Marshmallow_SnowyBowie.html>

Miss Tori took Stevie home to love and care for, she said Stevie and
Nora were a bit closer than Nora was comfortable with; one of them was
dooking before Miss Tori picked Stevie up to put him back in his pen.

Sarah Here: The interview we were asked to participate in is up on the
small animal channel
<http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/ferrets/ferret-behavior/ferrets-in-the-family.aspx>

Daisy is the star of Mum's part of the interview, showing off her
talents on how she gets into places she has no business getting into!
Miss Donna came again she and Mum spent the day cleaning up after us
fur kids. Mum worked on our cages and kitchen Miss Donna worked on play
areas with her far away boy Dancer following her from room to room,
like Daisy does with her far away mom. Dancer was ready for a nap so
he was left in the ferret room; while Miss Donna headed to clean the
next room. Miss Donna played with me Sarah while she cleaned up the
play room where I was dancing and playing.

Miss Donna left early that day; she had plans to see a movie with
friends at 4:30. At night time soup time Mum started putting second
shift away and getting the remainder of the last shift up. Dancer was
missing! Mum got all of us fur kids put away, meds done and started
moving the rest of us into the rooms she wanted us in for the night.

Mum had decided Dancer would go to the dining room, Mum could not find
Dancer, his cage was tagged ferret room because that is where he had
been and Mum had not yet found him, keeping the tag on the cage helps
Mum remember where she last had/saw him, then Mum puts the Missing in
Action (MIA) tag on the cage too that way she remembers he is missing.
Mum went upstairs to think about and run though he mind all the things
she had done trying to figure out where Dancer could have gotten too.
Mum gets so upset when one of us gets lost!

Mum went back down stairs, went out to the porch to search in the trash
bag Miss Donna took out. All our shelter helpers count heads before
removing a trash bag so Mum was pretty sure he was not out there but
when one of us is missing she looks in all the places they could be
even if it is just remotely possible. Mum pulled all the blankets out
of all the sleep places on the porch in case he was able to wiggle out
of the trash bag. NO Dancer. Mum went back into the ferret room to
check all the bottom cages she had cleaned and closed up in case he
had snuck in while she was cleaning them. NOPE!

Daisy Here: To say that by this time Mum was getting frantic is an
understatement! She looked in the food closet; in all the tubes etc.
She crawls on the floor looking under things, gets on the step ladder
to look on top of things. When Mum had eliminated all those places she
starts from the beginning to work her way around the house to each play
area one more time. Mum stepped into the dining room and there stood
Dancer looking up at her; with "what's wrong Mum" look on his face. Mum
must have put him in there, which is the only way he could have gotten
there but she did not remember doing it! When the tag on his cage still
had ferret room on it that told her she had not yet found and moved
him. She moved him but not the tag! UGH Mum sure can be forgetful at
times! Mum hugged Dancer, put her face in his fur and told him how
happy she was to have found him.

Then another night Mum was shutting down the shelter, she moved us fur
kids about; not thinking she put me Daisy in the play room, Jenkins
in the play pen - it took less than 30 min for Mum to hear screaming
coming from down stairs. Mum hurriedly followed the distress calls and
found I had gotten into the play pen and was beating up on Jenkins.
Like I said I climb and get into places most ferrets don't, that's
because I am one smart ferret. HUMP! I got put back in the dining room
for the night. So far I have not figured out how to get out of that
room but give me time!

Miss Jackie called to ask if she and her granddaughter could come over.
Jackie's Hannah is 5 she wanted to see us ferrets. 2 new folks stopped
by, one of the ladies has a ferret. They saw us on Facebook, so Sheilla
was correct that it is a good way to get our fuzzy faces out there. Mum
sent them home with lots of ferret information from all of us, Miss
Jackie and Miss Donna helped Mum educate them. The new lady did not
know a lot about us fur kids so when she left here she knew much more.

Sarah Here: Miss Tori came to help get all us kids treated with
Revolution, cages caught up kids moved. Miss Tori brought Steve for
Mum to look at; they found a mass in his abdomen he flinched when Mum
touched it. Tori made an appointment to get Stevie in to see our
favorite Doc. Mum was on the phone with Miss Tori and our Favorite Doc
they decided to let Stevie go. He had huge prostate issue and his
bladder was so full that doc had to express him to get it emptied;
Doc said it was the size of a soft ball. Stevie left for Rainbow
Bridge that day.

Miss Tori made it easier to find our shelter calendar it is now in the
header of our front page. If you want to know what we are up to, what
events are coming up just check out our calendar
http://www.ferretfarm.org/About.html#calendar

Miss Brie has set up a forum for anyone that wants to go there called
lffrs.freeforums.org "Poems, songs, and stories all about ferrets,
come join us at our feeforum.

What do you think Daisy, all our notes are gone I think it is time
close this news and say so long for now.

Until next month
Sara and Daisy
<http://www.ferretfarm.org>