Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2013 12:14:57 -0500
Please, avoid posting rumors whenever possible, even if you say they
are rumors. That just allows them to be passed along even when that is
not intended. Posing questions is okay, of course, but sometimes best
approached gently. Otherwise, innocent people can be hurt and the
questions can be seen a flame baiting. *****There have actually been
studies both of face to face rumors and of internet rumors and less
than 10% of rumors turn out to be accurate. The vast majority of any
rumors are false.*****

Nell had her own funds when she moved to Ethiopia, in memory of her
grandmother who helped her there, if my own memory serves, but Nell
requested help later to try to improve some veterinary options in
Ethiopia and that was a good goal if such a difficult one that it might
not be possible in today's Ethiopian nation. I was glad at one point to
see mention that one of those vets might take and help at least one of
the animals. Personally, I do not know how much those vets were helped
but if they were greatly helped then I would imagine that they would
want to in turn help Nell and perhaps provide loving homes for the
animals they know well enough, but with the upheaval there they might
be unable to do so.

We have a younger friend who was from a nation that is similarly
unstable who is stuck there after returning to care for an ill parent
and she tried to put together a business that would have required
exporting, only to find that her product was stolen before it could
leave the nation even after paying bribes, and everything we tried
sending to her also wound up stolen.

It also has to be remembered that even here it is hard enough for a
woman who is stalked to be safe, but in some nations with more misogyny
the problem becomes far greater. Someone who has not experienced that
will not understand it but those who have grasp the seriousness.

Now, since it is obvious not only how this all started (posts that
changed in rapid succession causing confusion) but also where it took
off too painfully could people, please stick to "Pax on List" (Peace
on List) rather than Pox on List and tread a bit softly by wording
carefully while still sharing questions and answers? I know we can't
all always do that; I've definitely had my share of times when I've
totally blown it, too, as well as sometimes having people read things
into posts, and maybe I blew it here now. Please, try to be gentle,
though. I tried.

Sukie (not a vet) Ferrets make the world a game.

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.miamiferret.org/
http://www.ferrethealth.msu.edu/