From:
Florence Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2012 18:09:08 -0400
Well, I was helping today by doing a Home Visit for a potential Ferret
Owner. This takes time, and is always a good idea if this is a first
time ferret owner (and adoption), but it can be helpful to give them
tips about ferret proofing their home, and what to expect from their
new fuzzy.

I've done this before, but it had been quite some time. I can't express
enough how VERY important this is... for shelters to do if you've never
had a connection with these people or have ever been in their homes.
Going to their homes is opening up a whole new world of how each person
views ferret proofing, and animals in general. It is an eye opening
experience that could later SAVE the ferret that is adopted.

Just Sayin' .....

Florence