From:
Lonny Eachus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:55:24 -0700
When I first got my ferret I bought a 3-lb. bag of chicken jerky for
pets from Costco. 3 pounds lasts a LONG time. I didn't realize it then,
but when the whole chicken jerky fiasco came around I checked the
label and it turned out to be from China. I have looked all over for
non-Chinese chicken jerky. Well, good luck with that. Not just for
pets, but even all the chicken jerky I found for for human consumption
came from China. And I looked in lots of places.

The ONLY chicken jerky I have found so far that was not from China is
from Trader Joe's, and it clearly says Made In The USA. If you happen
to have a Trader Joe's nearby, look there.

If anyone knows of other sources, I would be happy to hear about it.
Fred really likes his chickens. He has gotten used to getting a very
small piece each morning, and he comes running out of his cage to get
it.

I'm thinking about making my own. I've made some very good jerky before
with my dehydrator, but I haven't tried chicken yet.

Lonny Eachus