Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:27:15 -0500
VERY IMPORTANT WARNING ABOUT FERRET FOOD-CHECK INGREDIENTS AND PLEASE
DO NOT USE GRAIN FREE ZUPREEM! please share this with everyone who has
ferrets and gives them kibble, it could save their lives!!! Some of you
that I'm sending this to, may not be aware of what's been going on with
diet and bladder stones in ferrets. We are seeing a correlation between
peas and bladder stones.

READ YOUR LABELS and please read the following.

I know I didn't have a chance to talk to all of you, but Dr. G and I
spoke with the vet at Zupreem on Wed. We kind of went around in circles
with her on the pea thing, but I know her hands are tied somewhat. I'm
sure they sell more of the Grain free because of how it is advertised.
What we did accomplish is that she wants all info faxed to her
regarding stone analysis and diets fed. I spoke with Michigan (where
the stones are sent for analysis) and they asked for my list of
clients. We don't have some of the files at the clinic as those pets
have since died and we only keep current files. So hopefully I can get
the info on the other ferrets' stones. This needs to be done throughout
the US so that they can change their formulation. We can't do anything
about Innova Cat, Blue Buffalo, Wellness etc, or a lot of those other
high end products that contain peas since they are formulated for cats.
Sadly, a lot of ferret owners feed those because they are pushed as
better foods. I stand by my food from fosters and smith (originally the
ferret store food) as one of the best.

I'm not sure about the sweet potatoes in Before Grain. After seeing
this from Sukie, I won't be using that food at this time. Otherwise
it looks good.

Just wanted to share this stuff with you. A new friend's ferret was PTS
at Newark because she was quoted $5000.00 for bladder stone surgery.
Her ferret was blocked and was fed Zupreem Grain free. She will be
contacting the company as well. So sad. Now she comes to Chadwell.

https://www.facebook.com/chadwellAnimalHospital
or contact Chadwell at
http://www.chadwellanimalhospital.com/

PLEASE contact Chadwell Animal Hospital with information or
Claudia Johnson https://www.facebook.com/claudia.johnson.9235

[Moderator's note: I haven't personally confirmed any of this, I'm
allowing the post based on the reputations of all involved. BIG]