From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:11:56 +0300
On the day Jonas died, Dr Chala was here, moving vet things from my
office in this little town to store them in his clinic in the capital.
These things are partial payment for Edilegnya's new home, and Dr
Challa and I will present them to the vet college and to the National
Coordinator for the Donkey Sanctuary in a couple of weeks.

At the same time, Dr Challa moved the sewing things. One big barrier
to people buying it was the fact that it was far from the capital,
where most potential buyers live. Dr Chala rendezvou'ed with my
Ethiopian friends Bill and Winnie, and they moved the things to their
office. I'm giving them 10% of what they can sell.

If the sewing equipment sells, I will have money to pay for a
traveling companion's flight to help me with the 6 animal carriers,
three suitcases, and one large excess-baggage carton of basic personal
possessions. It would be a nightmare to manage getting all that by
myself through US Customs when I land in Houston. A very dear
long-time friend might be able to make the trip with me in early May.

As some of you know, I discovered that one of my cat carrier had been
dropped on one of its top corners, which shattered. This meant that
two of the cats could not travel unless it were replaced -- large
expense and trouble. Also one of the two special-retrofitted-for
ferret-air-travel carriers had a piece knocked off the doorway. I
hoped I could convince the airlines that it would not be a problem,
but was not sure.

The same Ethiopian friend who connected me to the probable car buyer
suggested that I call our car mechanic. Mekonnen does bodywork as well
as normal car repair, and he loves to tinker and create. Perhaps he
will be able to do something with the cages. I'm bringing the worst
one to him next week.

So things are moving along!