From:
D Fishback <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:04:40 -0700
Farrah and her brother came to us from the local animal shelter.
Placing them would not have been a problem, except for one thing Farrah
hated everyone!!! Part of the problem was she was adrenal, and she
didn't like other ferrets. We thought once she had surgery she would
mellow out. No such luck. So we kept her and her brother Rickie for
over 3 years. I notice a huge mass on her right side two weeks ago,
when I picked her up. Given her age (almost 6) and the fact that she
was loosing weight, we choose to escort her to the bridge on Tuesday.
I was always a favorite Target of Farrah's, she would calmly wait for
her chance and go in for the kill. But over the last year we developed
a bond. I would hold her and she would bite my arm or hand whichever
looked better to her that day. She never bite hard or drew blood. It
was her way of communicating and once I understood that we were fine.
I can't believe how much I miss those little love bites. Farrah will
always hold a special place in my heart because we had a special bond.
We love you Farrah!!!!

Diane & Tigger

Diane
Have you hugged your ferret today?