Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2013 08:02:56 -0500
We're all here because we're all crazy about our ferrets, and we want
to do what is best for them. Dr. Mitchell, one of the foremost ferret
vets and oncologists in the world, took the time to research something,
to speak to the pharmacy directly, and to write about it in detail to
share with Brenda and all of us. There are no personal attacks involved
in any way. We always suggest to each other to 'talk to our vets'
before proceeding with any kind of treatment. That is always a good
policy. Well, we have gotten an opinion, based on scientific fact, from
one of the most knowledgeable ferret vets anywhere. I would strongly
suggest that ferret owners err on the side of caution when treating
their ferrets for adrenal disease, and listen to Dr. Mitchell's
suggestions.

It is simply scientific fact that using Lupron that is not in a depot
form absolutely can do more harm than good. Maybe it won't in every
situation, but I would certainly not want to take that risk with my
ferrets. I'm sorry that Ann took Dr. Mitchell's information as any kind
of personal slight against her. I know Ann Church only thru facebook,
and I know that she is an incredible ferret friend and devotes her life
to helping untold numbers of ferrets. I highly respect her for all that
she does with her shelter and to help others. I hope that she will
re-think her decision to abandon the FML, but whether she does or not,
has no bearing on the value of the information shared by Dr. Mitchell.
I would urge everyone to save Dr. Mitchell's post and to refer to it
when deciding on a treatment for their ferrets with adrenal disease.

Jeff
In Loving Memory of Neo, Trinity, Morphy, Baby Girl, Dozer, Possum,
Pip, Pop, Sabrina, Minnie Mouse, Hunny, Misty, Frodo, Baggins, and
Mr. Parker
Caring for Luna, Boomer, Zoomer, and the Four Amigos