From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 03:26:30 -0700
A couple of years back a woman here in 'Vegas was custom making little
stuffed ferrets. She'd decided to quit but I prevailed upon her to do
one more for my 2-3 year old niece who'd met and fallen in love with
our cinnamon boy, Owl, who in turn fell for the child. The Lady Morgan
could not pronounce all of "Owl" so she called him "O" and still does.
Their love story is the stuff legends are made from, and you can read
most of it on our website. The stuffed "O" was a Christmas gift,
complete with a play pen, sleep sack, blankets and food bowls in her
favorite colour, purple, and to keep her company when she had to
leave "the Real O" here and go back home to Mommy and Daddy's.

Well the family moved into a new house this past weekend and like all
little kids, Morgan projected her fears through her favorite thing, in
her case "The Pretend 'O'". She was afraid he would be injured in the
moving and packing or left behind or some other evil befall him. She
and I discussed the situation, being an adult girl now of 4, and she
decided it would be a good idea if "the Pretend O" came and stayed
with "the Real O" until the move was completed. Since she was spending
the weekend away with my sister while the actual move was in progress,
there would be no one to feed or care for "the Pretend O". So here he
came. I knew she was still a little worried about him so I took photos
of the "Os" playing together in a box and eating a bowl of soup
together. Thanks to the internet I was able to send the pictures to
her. It was reported to me upon seeing her two favorite People in the
world having such a good time together she clapped her hands and
laughed with joy while protesting her love for both.

So. If you are the woman who made "the Pretend O", or know who she is,
please know or let her know how that one last stuffed, handmade, marked
and colored just like "the Real O" little ferret has meant to one
little girl.

Thank you from the bottom of two hearts.

Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr and Great Aunt to the Lady Morgan,
lover of "Os"
FurpeopleWeyr.com