From:
Sarah DeVellis Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 09:32:33 -0400
We have a 'custom' litterbox...we got a ferret nation cage and found
that a plastic tupperware sweater box from the storage section of
target fit perfectly. It was $5-7.

My hubs put the plastic in very hot water for a bit and cut down one
of the long sides with a sharp knife leaving just a bit of a lip to
keep litter in. It was then sanded smooth.

We use yesterday's news litter, which is pellets just like ones for
the wood stove. Our ferts couldn't keep their little feets planted
on the smooth plastic either.

Then my grandmother went into a home and my mother gave us a ton of
disposable adult incontinence pads. After some trial and error we
discovered that one of these pads lining the box sprinkled with a
scant 2 handfuls of litter worked great.

It's even made cleaning the litter box easier since we just throw the
whole thing out everyday. I did the calculations and we are saving a
ton of money doing this too!

You can get these pads (which ARE different/cheaper than wee-wee pads;
same concept though) on amazon. Search adult incontinence pads, choose
a size that could work for you. We purchased 200 for $35.

Good luck!
Sarah
Lelu, Stoli, Oscar and Tessa