From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2012 18:39:49 -0400
Sarah Senior Reporter Maybe Daisy can help

June and July 2012

Sarah and Daisy here: Where or where does the time go? Mum was just
running in and out of the shelter like a bee in a bonnet, trying to get
ready for clinic, and then doing extra runs with the big yellow thingy
because it was almost time for summer! So when we snuck a look at mum's
calendar we discovered it was the last day of June already! Now we need
to do two news letters just to catch up!

Daisy Here: Clinic day was a huge success, so many humans, so many
ferrets; play pens all over the back yard, 2 big tables of raffle
items - thank you Miss Wendy for your time and talent. All kinds of
auction items, there were so many that Miss Mary B wanted to know how
she was going to get through it all. Thank you Miss Kathy C. and Miss
Marilyn H. for the lions' share of auction items and then there were
the last minute auction items from Mr Jim S. and Miss Mary M.

Our favorite Doc was on hand to check out the fuzz butts, Miss Pat N.
and Miss Nancy A. gave Doc a helping hand at the medical table. There
were new folks here, and folks that come year after year. WE had a
grand time! Mr. Dick H sat proudly at our raffle ticket table as he
does each year! Thanks Mr. Dick! Pictures will soon be up for all to
see!

Sarah Here: What do you mean WE? Mum only let Ginger and Teddy outside
because they went to see our favorite Doc for hurt sticks. WE did not
get to go out side that day!

Daisy Here: So what is your point missy? Mum wanted us to let you know
that Old Lady Kay went to Rainbow Bridge on Mothers Day 2012 - Mum and
Miss Kathy C. were sad to see her leave but they also knew that was Old
Lady Kay's wish. She left peacefully with no tubes, or hurt sticks to
keep her here longer than she wanted to be. It was a promise mum made
to Old Lady Kay many years ago, and thanks to Miss Kathy C. Mum and
Miss Kathy C were able to accomplish all that Kay wished for at her end
of life time.

Sarah Here: My point was that "WE" was the incorrect word to use, since
"WE" were not the ones that got to go outside on clinic day. Now can I
get on with more news please? Mr. Bob, Miss Ili's other half stopped
down to look at and take our screen inserts that the bad raccoons tore
apart, home to fix for us. They turned out fantastic - Thanks Mr Bob
for doing that for us! Mr Bob and Miss Ili are Delilah's not so far
away, far away family. Oh the soap campaign prize went to Marcia C in
Skaneateles NY

Mum took in 4 more new fur kids; they were in fact saved by Mylene from
certain death in Rochester NY. The woman that had the 4 ferrets stuck
them on a windowed porch that had no ventilation with cat food to eat
but no water to drink. She had the fur kids for 2 weeks, Mylene said
the lady that had them had no idea how to care for them, so thanks to
Miss Mylene they are safe with us now!

Then Mum got an email from CNYHA about 3 ferret girls that needed to
come here, Miss Kate a volunteer for CNYHA brought them, she got here
about 12:30 on a Sunday afternoon. The 3 girls are tiny but are in
really good shape, having a ball hanging out and running around in the
play areas mum calls enrichment rooms. They came in with documentation
having been vetted and vaccinated.

Then 2 boy fur kids arrived from Fort Drumm to live at the shelter. We
are filled up to our ears in fur kids.

Daisy Here: Mum went to school after she droved her big yellow thingy
so Miss Shaylyn could do a presentation in her 4th grade class on
ferrets. Shaylyn chose the Brooklyn kids for her props. She and mum
helped the furless kids in the class to understand what mum does here
and how Miss Shaylyn gets to help at the shelter. Shaylyn taught them
how to care for ferrets and what it is to be a responsible pet owner.
The presentation was wonderful; Mrs Arsenault had our shelter web site
up on the large screen behind mum and Miss Shaylyn, so when students
asked a question and Shaylyn did not know the answer they went to the
web site to find the answer. The students wanted to know if ferrets
could swim, so Shaylyn showed them the picture of Tock in the swimming
pool on clinic day 2011. The class presentation was such a success that
another student Master Dylan is now coming to help mum take care of us.

We have had lots of shelter help these past few weeks - Miss Marcia,
The Keenen Family, Master Dylan, Miss Shaylyn, Miss Donna D. Miss Mary
B. Miss Donna Z, Miss Stacie K., Miss Jill W, Miss Jackie R and her
other half Mr. Bob R, Miss Wendy, Mr Dick H. Miss Tori and Miss Brie
not all at the same time but they do come and go a lot around here
especially around clinic time! Geezzzzzz Sarah I hope I did not forget
anyone; there have been lots of humans here!

Sarah Here: You did miss some folks! Miss Kathy C and Miss Marilyn H,
Titch's far away moms came to the shelter to take mum to lunch the day
after clinic! They thought mum could use a break! They were right mum
sure did enjoy her time with Titch's moms and the lunch was wonderful!
Little Luna went to a new 4-ever home with Miss Susann T in May, and
the 3 Brooklyn fur kids went to their new 4-ever home with the Jacobus
family in July. Oh some sad news 2 of the 3 DMK kids left for Rainbow
Bridge. Big Foot is the only DMK left with us now.

We were invited to go to an adoption day event in Canandaigua so Mum
and Miss Ili went with the new 4 Rochester fur kids to show them
off on a Sunday for 4 hours. We have been invited to another one in
Canandaigua coming up in 2 weeks they may go to. If anyone wants to
join them mum says she would love to show off our shelter friends along
with the fur kids they are going to take!

Mum is getting a 2 week break from the big yellow thingy then she goes
back to work for summer runs because we refuse to go hungry during the
summer! Daisy Here: So Sarah what do you think, do we have all the news
reported? Are all the notes mum left us all gone?

Sarah Here: I believe so Daisy I think we have all the news done for
both June and July it was pretty good working with you this time
snip-it. Daisy Here: the correct word it snippety NOT snip-it and I am
not snippety! Sarah Here: I know you are not snippety that is why I
called you snip-it because you are a small part of this news letter.

Until next month
Sarah and Daisy
Newest Shelter Video
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0GEYL02fnU>