Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2014 10:21:57 -0500
No, Lindsey, it is not beyond you. (me and the ferrets will make you
into a carpenter yet). Ask them if the normal tools will work with
this screen, I am not familiar with it. But itÂ’s a little tube thingy
that looks a little like a pizza cutter. You get a roll of this rubber
string, (of course, take out the old screen) place the screen up
against the window - I cut to just a little larger than the window,
take duct tape and tape it across the top to hold it in place while I
work) and start in a corner, that rolling thingy will push the screen
and rubber into the little grove and you just work your way down making
sure you don't go crooked . Then do the opposite side and finally top
and bottom (of course, you remove the tape when you get the sides done.
If you have a ragged edge standing out from where too much was there to
go into the grove, just take a razor blade tool and cut the excess off.
Now a sliding screen door is kinda big to start out learning on so you
can come over here and practice on some regular window screens before
you tackle that big ole door).

Millie Sanders at Txferretrescue.org
with Texas Ferret Lovers Rescue and
connecting Foster homes and sanctuaries