From:
Gerri Himberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:36:05 -0800
We are doing a great job on the tree, everyone- a few more to go, and
it is once again cleared in time for Christmas.

Shelters, We know how busy you are, but please remember to thank your
Santas', and if your little ones are in foster homes, a thank you from
the foster mom would be nice. People are having to really reach to make
the Santa thing happen this year, the economy and what....

Just a few thoughts on the ferrets that really grabbed folks attention
right off the bat. They have a picture, not the cartoon logo. They have
a personal story, not just a list of what the shelter wants. There are
suggestions that people can choose from, that we can afford. It gives
us a feeling that you care more about this than just getting stuff for
your shelter, that you are thinking of the ferret, and what he or she
might enjoy as a gift. There is also an age and any medical conditions
or behavior conditions listed. If they are young and healthy, they
might want something totally different than a 6 year old. These are the
things that cause myself, and alot of others I have talked to to pick
your ferret. I know you need everything, and if I could get it for you
I would- I can only get a little bit, and I prefer to get the ferret
themselves a gift that they will enjoy.

What causes me to skim over your ferret is the cartoon logo- it is hard
to tell apart from the Santa at first look. Also, no story, no Santa.
If you want only things I can't afford, no Santa. I am in a very bad
financial situation this year, as are alot of us, yet we are all trying
to cover these ferrets, and help a straining shelter system, but for
those of you having put very little effort into it- There are alot of
you who have, and guess where the gifts go?

Anyway- most of you have done a wonderful job getting them up, and it
is great fun going through and reading each and every one. Thank you
to Melanee and Kris for getting this up and maintaining it.

Merry Christmas to all of the Shelters- you are doing great work, and
hard work, and you deserve a tree up all year long!!!

Gerri
 .....Because Nice matters.