From:
Susan Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2012 16:34:10 -0700
Hi Everyone,
This is Susan Baker of Friskybiznus Ferret Sanctuary in Houston, TX.
We work alongside of Texas Ferret Lover's Rescue and the Ferret
Waystation. We take in the ferrets that are deemed "unadoptable" due
to illness, are handicapped, elderly or who are behaviorally/medically
challenged. These babies have a Forever Home with us and we try to give
them all the love and care they need and deserve.

You might remember Rabbit da Ferret who was rescued off the streets of
Dallas. He was dragging an immense tumorous tail, was starving, loaded
with ear mites, balding, had a horribly prolapsed rectum...in short,
Rabbit was a MESS. He had to have his tail amputated and underwent
life-saving surgery to remove a HUGE hairball, his spleen and several
insulinomas. Today Rabbit is happy and thriving --- all thanks to the
generosity of YOU; you wonderful folks that supported/donated to a
last-minute Benefit Raffle to help us get Rabbit the surgery he so
sorely needed and to cover his medical bills. Our gratitude is beyond
measure! Rabbit da Ferret is the PosterChild of Friskybiznus Ferret
Sanctuary.

We have 11 ferrets in our care and they each have a story. Here are
couple of our kids:

Bingo was turned in to Animal Control by a man upon discovering his son
spraying Pinesol into Bingo's eyes. Bingo is blind. He is also deaf,
insulinomic and has lymphoma. He has a broken tail, too, so no telling
what that poor baby endured before he was finally surrendered. He is
the happiest, most loving and silly little boy you could ever hope to
meet.

Kystal was also turned in to Animal Control when she was found close to
death in someone's backyard. She had been savagely attacked and mauled
by a dog and was rushed into emergency surgery. Krystal had severe
internal injuries and suffers from permanent hip damage, but she still
can do a great happy dance and gives the sweetest kisses.

Whiskey was turned in to the rescue by some family members of a man
who had been hauled off to jail, leaving Whiskey behind in his empty
apartment and never bothering to tell anyone she was there. She was
left to fend for herself for over a week. The people laughed about
Whiskey's regular diet, which consisted entirely of human junk food and
alcohol (which is how she got her name). She was in terrible shape,
as you can imagine. Whiskey is a pretty little girl with an adorable
personality. It's no surprise she suffers from chronic tummy issues.

These babies and their friends at Friskybiznus Ferret Sanctuary
invite you to our ON-LINE FRISKY FALL RAFFLE, which we are running
NOVEMBER 5 -- DECEMBER 9. We really need your support!! The funds we
raise will help us with our ongoing vet care, medications and necessary
supplies. There are so many wonderful items donated by some very
talented and generous people that could be YOURS!!! Bedding, jewelry,
art, ferret food, gift certificates, Mystery Boxes, supplements,
household items....even an original art piece by Rabbit da Ferret
himself! Great Giving Tree items or something for you, your ferrets,
your friends, your friend's ferrets!! Christmas is coming. Are you one
of the many LUCKY WINNERS?

Please visit our Raffle web page by clicking
<http://www.friskybiznusferrets.com/EShop/EShop.aspx?EshopID=f485ec23-2bc8-4324-aa55-65823b8a3783>
and check it out! Tickets are only $ 1 each or 6 for $ 5 . We accept
checks by snail mail (please get them in the mail by December 3) or
PayPal (please do not use words such as "raffle", "contest", "auction"
or "chances" in PayPal notes or they will shut my account down!). The
Friskies and I thank you from the ends of our whiskers to the tips of
our tails!!

Good luck and hoppy bidding!!

Dooks ~n~ Dances,
Susan Baker, Owner/Operator