From:
Nancy Hartman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1993 13:26:10 -0500
 Subject:  Ferret List Issue 425

> toys, her litter box, food and water, and her bed(shoe box filled with
> wood shavings that she burrows into).  Unfortunately, I am a student and I

AAAAIIIIGGGGHHHH!!!!  NO, NO, NO, NO!!!  Go home and *GET RID OF
THE WOOD CHIPS*!  (Emphatic enough?? :) )

Wood chips, any kind, cause terrible respiratory problems in
ferrets!  *DO NOT USE THEM*  Give her a nice towel, old shirt,
blanket, or any other fabric item you have around the house.
She'll be much more comfortable, will smell less, and most of
all be healthy.

I'll try to reply to the rest later.  I just felt this was
important enough that it needed an immediate reply.

- Nancy

P.S.  No offense to the original poster.  But *SHAME* to her pet store!

Nancy Hartman                     CIS graduate student
[log in to unmask]                  U. of Delaware
        President and founder, Delaware Valley Ferret Club
          Owner of Percy, Bree, & Popcorn, the ferrets