From:
Denise Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2013 19:30:56 -0700
Denise's Delightful Dookers Ferret Rescue & Shelter is still alive
and well. We are transitioning to working with hospice & health issue
ferrets. At this time we have 79 ferrets, 20 that are still adoptable
(1 cage of 2; 1 cage of 4 and 2 cages of 5, Justine and a few others
in with ferrets that are sick). There is such a need for care for the
oldsters that are sick.....our hearts decided this is quite a needy
ministry.

DDDFR started in 2002, because Dolly (alias Jaws) came to my home (my
son's neighbor was going to dump her). She became a loving challenge
and in a few months stopped biting me all the way to the bone...she was
quite a kick. I worked at a mom and pop pet store and ferrets with all
kinds of needs came to the store and I got to take them home and learn
how to nurse them back to health...what a challenge also!!!

This was said so you get to know us because the Underground Secret
Santa Society is sponsoring an auction for DDDFR. It is sooo
appreciated. They have all kinds of wonderful things (provided by
special people who love the fuzzies and believe in what shelters are
doing - thank you) you need to buy so our ferrets get the medicine,
food and other items to help them as they deal with their illnesses. Go
to www.32auctions.com/USSSPREZZEYS at 12:15 a.m. tomorrow morning EST.
It will continue until the 28th of June at 11:45 p.m. EST. (Special
thanks to Jessie Nolan for putting this together and for those that
gave DDDFR a vote of confidence to help us by providing this auction)

This group has people providing precious fuzzies with wonderful gifts
on Christmas....when the other Santas don't follow thru. They spoiled
4 of our babies rotten and made this shelter mom's life a bit easier.
Thank you.

There are 3 very precious ferrets who are representing the shelter...
Sprinkles, Darla and Buddy. You can go to Denise's Delightful Dookers
Ferret Rescue & Shelter on Facebook to see their pics and read their
stories.

As you can imagine, the needs involving the care of hospice ferrets
are great. We need at this time, Totally Ferret Active, Totally Ferret
Turkey, Lamb, Venison, Totally Ferret Baby, Zupreem, Marshalls Chicken;
$ for Lupron shots; $ for dental surgeries; $ for meds that we along
with our vet order for the shelter. We can always use 1cc and 3cc
syringes, Walmart gift cards, store gift cards, pellets for potty
boxes (stove pellets), & $ sent to vet for surgeries.
Our paypal addy is: [log in to unmask]
Our fax is 253-735-9324 and our phone # is 253-797-9115
.
We have 2 vets that help us tremendously. Dr. Julie Brazeau, Covington
Animal Hosp. Covington, WA 253-631-8616 Our file is #9277 (She does
the basic care and hard to figure out health issues and euthanasia...
wonderful lady) and Dr. Cathy Johnson-Delaney in Kirkland, WA
Phone-425-821-6165. She does our surgeries, deals with heart issues and
does our hard to figure out health issues (what a huge blessing she is
also).

On January 19, 2013 the Krook family (emergency volunteers) paid off
our $2,790 vet bill and what an wonderful unexpected blessing that was.
So right now we do not have a vet bill, however, we have surgeries that
need to be done and 25 precious ferrets with adrenal disease/cancer
that need Lupron shots each month; 5 needing heart meds; 10 with
insulinoma; and others with lymphoma; out of 28 Real Canadian ferrets
with mycoplasma 4 require special meds; and others with problems
requiring other medicines.. Again, the need is great, and precious
people who donate and give of their time are great -- Thank you for
your support. Buy, buy, buy......the more you buy the more it provides
for the special ferrets at Denise's Delightful Dookers Ferret Rescue &
Shelter. THANK YOU!!!

Oodles of ferret kisses

Denise Cummings
Denise's Delightful Dookers