From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 14:12:22 -0500
Good Morning All,

We are soo blessed to have such wonderful, caring people on the FML and
those who, at great expense and sacrifice, gave to the ferrets at my
shelter three very Merry Christmas'. Some of those special ferrets that
received those gifts last year and in 2010 are at the Bridge....waiting
for me (hopefully, they will wait for a bit).

Back in 2010, we had just rescued a bunch of ferrets from a backyard
breeder, just in the nick of time for some of them, and had placed them
in a small rental until we could place many of them as there was just
no room at the shelter house. My goodness did we receive wonderful
treats, bedding, and toys - OMG! a ferret tube-tree for the kids. Still
have it. And, of course the Thanksgiving ferrets, the Stevenson ferrets
from Arkansas.

Last year, we had a few of those ferrets return to the Tree and they
were, again, given such wonderful things! Some folks had sent us
goodies even though they were not their Santas. I lost the envelope
that enclosed all of the names, addresses, and items sent.....but I
just FOUND IT!! You will be receiving those long, long, LONG overdue
messages of gratitude and thanks!

And, as you know, this year has been incredibly difficult and painful
for me and my family. Money has been a huge issue for the first time
and keeping the kids fed and well-cared-for has been a task. We even
closed. Well, we tried to close anyway -- but tell that to the ferrets
who need a place to stay until a "forever home" is found for them to
call their very own. There was none of that and those stories we will
keep for another time. This is a thank you message.

This year, many nice, caring people gave soo much to a little shelter
and the mom who works every day to keep ferrets safe and sound in a
very scary world. (typing through tears) I know that HAD to be a
difficult monetary stretch for you...the special bedding for special
and ill ferrets; treats; food...OMG! I appreciate you and your
sacrifices to make our Christmas fabulous. Ferrets played and chewed
and I cried....tears of joy! You made my Christmas....seeing them
happy.

Words are not enough...

Santa found a more needy ferret for one of our little ferrets chosen
from the Tree this year. But because we received so much for our other
kids on the Tree, she was able to share in those gifts. Thank you
Christy, Tim & Cheryl, Kathleen, Miranda, Thomas, Jack, Sandy, Riley,
and Kathleen......!! And for my Secret Santas, a special hug.

 .....Thank you.

Maren Qualls
Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary
Hernando, MS