Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 03:37:23 -0700
All--

It's that time of year! The Ferret Giving Tree will be open for
shelters to register and post ferrets to on Monday, October 15.
Shelters will have until November 30th to register and may post
ferrets to the Tree until December 15.

Some changes have been made for this year.
1. The maximum number of ferrets per shelter is a a graduated amount
based on total ferrets in the shelter:
- For shelters with 10 ferrets or fewer, the maximum they can post is
  the number of ferrets in their care.
- For shelters holding between 11 and 30, their maximum is 10 ferrets.
- For shelters holding between 31 and 50, the maximum is 15 ferrets.
- For shelters with more than 50 ferrets, the maximum is 20.

2. To be approved as a shelter on the Ferret Giving Tree, you must
be listed on the SOS Shelter List, or be recognizable from the FML.
Shelters we don't recognize may be contacted or their vet(s) may be
contacted to verify their eligibility, but if your shelter cannot be
verified, it will not be approved to post ferrets. You will have until
November 30 to register your shelter and until December 15 to post
ferrets to the tree -- NO EXCEPTIONS! Please remember that if you put
ferret bios up and you do NOT put up a picture, you cannot fix that
yourselves! An Admin or Helper needs to fix that, so please be prepared
with pictures as well as bios when you post the shelter ferrets

3. The Tree currently allows Secret Santas, but shelters can choose to
disallow this if they wish. The Tree is also setup to hide the Shelter
Addresses so that only confirmed Santas will see them.

4. Only living ferrets currently within the registered shelter or
foster care facility may be placed on the tree. The Tree will be
examined each night to ensure the ferrets placed on it are legitimate.
Any posting found to be invalid will be immediately removed. Also,
please remember that no personal ferret may be posted on the Tree.

Shelters: Please make sure you put all the contact information
necessary and WRITE DOWN YOUR LOGIN/PASSWORD! We still don't have a
way for shelters to be able to change or reset their own passwords.

Also, please be patient; I may not get to approving everyone who
registers each day. Please make sure you give us at least 24 hours to
get shelters approved. I'm on the West Coast, so my 24 hours might
start later than yours!

If you need help, you can email [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask] and someone will help you with whatever
you need.

Thanks!

Melanee Ellis
Ferret Giving Tree Admin.