From:
joclyn atuo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2012 05:36:39 -0400
If you feed a natural diet that is properly balanced to provide all the
nutritional needs (proper percentages of muscle, organ & bone as well
as multiple protein sources) then you wouldn't need to use this product
at all.

When feeding a natural diet you can do a bit of customizing to
accomodate the individual - some need more bone and some need more
organ or muscle than others...so, when doing raw pieces or whole prey,
you can fiddle with things easier to make the changes that are needed
as you see that they are needed (and needs do change throughout the
year as well as as they age and/or develop some illness). Using a
powder added to ground meat won't necessarily allow for this and I can
just see deficiencies developing over time as well as digestive issues
(runny stool due to not enough bone and/or too much organ, etc).

There is no link at all for the ingredient list or guaranteed analysis
for the ferret product - at least not that I found looking around the
site a bit.

As for the cat product, what I don't see is the taurine amount
listed in guaranteed analysis even though taurine is listed in the
ingredients - cats need taurine more than ferrets do so right there
I wouldn't use this for the cats.

I also only see liver listed in the ingredients for the cat product. No
kidney or pancreas or other organs. So, if the ferret product is the
same as the cat product, just that one thing makes it unbalanced and
missing vital nutrients and I wouldn't recommend using it on a regular
basis for ferrets or cats, for that matter.

To use it as a supplement when making a soup, yeah, that might be
okay - the egg and liver that are in it and the calcium would be
helpful in certain situations. This is definitely not something to be
used daily and/or relied upon to provide proper nutrition, though.

 ... Joclyn

candle site:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=fert