From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2012 22:27:40 +0300
Here's some reassuring info from the UK National Health Service:

"For example, if someone spits in your face, their saliva may get in
your eyes, mouth or nose. ....

For healthcare workers, after an exposure like this, the risk of
infection with HIV is estimated at one in 1,000."

I wonder how/if I can find out Berhanu's HIV status. My eye's sore, but
that could just be from the rinsing out w water I did yesterday, or my
usual first symptom of getting a cold -- that eye almost always lets me
know a cold is coming on.

Oof this is nerve-wracking. But I'll spare you the blow-by-blow
descriptions of my worries, etc.