From:
Kim Crivello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:57:11 -0500
The American Ferret Association's "Ferret Census 2012"

The American Ferret Association is pleased to announce the first-ever,
national ferret census! Recent research indicates that there is no
accurate count of pet ferrets, in America or around the world. In
addition, there is just so much information we want to know about
ferrets and their humans! The new AFA survey has categories for many
ferret demographics, nutrition and health information. Gathering these
statistics will help in efforts to improve the care and enjoyment of
these amazing pets!

Ancient China was the first culture to count its people, followed by
Egypt and Greece. The Romans began population counts within the
republic back in the 6th century BCE, the term census being derived
from their Latin language. In the United States, the government began
systematically counting the population in 1790. So, it is high time we
got a more accurate count of ferrets in America and even around the
world!

Top Two Reasons to Complete the AFA Ferret Census:
1. Help complete important research that will improve our care of
ferrets!
2. Automatically be entered into a drawing for a free one-year AFA
membership!!

We will be offering the survey online as well as in paper format. Look
for this Ferret Census on the AFA web site and at our upcoming events.
By completing the survey, you will automatically be entered into a
drawing to win a one-year membership to the AFA! Lastly, with the
collection of what we hope to be large amounts of data, we will also
be seeking volunteers to help collate and analyze the facts. We always
need new volunteers, so come join us in this groundbreaking research!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SXS78GL

--

)O(  )O(  )O(  )O(  )O(

Be the change...

Kim Crivello

Paws for Friendship, Inc., Therapy Ferret Coordinator in Illinois
www.pawsforfriendshipinc.org

American Ferret Association, Public Affairs Director
www.ferret.org

Mysterious & Reassuring, Treasure Hunter
www.mysteriousreassuring.com

[Moderator's note: A substantially identical post appeared here four
months ago with the same survey link. If one already took the survey
four months ago, do we skip it this time? BIG]