Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2012 00:43:12 -0500
Thank you for the suggestions y'all have sent me both privately and
on-list. I'm getting some awesome ideas!

A few points (not sure they're important, but just an FYI):

1. We are TRYING to purchase a home; not sure quite yet, but this won't
be a "landlord" situation.
2. For whatever reason, my husband doesn't want to take up the carpet
(I'm assuming that he wants to have the freedom to change rooms if we
want to, later on) It's also a huge hassle, and if our past experience
is any gauge, a real mess.
3. Whatever we do, I'm curious - does it have to cover the entire
floor? I seem to recall that in the place we lived before that was
carpeted, the ferts destroyed the carpet mostly in front of the bedroom
door. Can we just cover corners and areas near doors (bedroom &
closet)?
4. Those who suggested using some sort of plastic - don't they tear
through it?
5. To those who said they've used sheets or other cloth to cover the
floor - doesn't the urine & poop smell soak into the carpet underneath?
Do the ferrets try to tunnel under it?

Thank you!

~Eri G.

--