From:
EveRussell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:05:32 -0700
Hi Everyone!

Years ago, and many ferrets later, I rescued an albino boy from a
petting zoo. He was kept outside all of the time, rice hulls were the
floor covering, one filthy hammock that was shredded in an attempt to
have a place to hide and a nasty pillowcase on the floor. He would
take the pillowcase to the water dish that was full of all kind of
nasty stuff and get a drink through the fabric. To make a long story
shorter--after AJ came home to live with me he would still try to bring
any fabric he could find to the water dish to strain his water. I would
tell him that his water would always be clean and he didn't need to
strain it anymore. He finally stopped, but would still do it once in
a great while.

I currently have a sable that if there is a towel or blanket within 2
feet of water, it MUST be put in the water, sometimes to drink through,
other times,only he knows why! He will even try to put the rug I put
the container of water on for them to play in (small cat litter box
trays) into to the water. I have stopped trying to correct this
behavior, as it is just one of those "ferretty" things that they must
do! I as their servant and caregiver I clean up after their furry LIL
butts! and be glad they are still here on earth with me! To know a
ferret, is to Love a ferret!

E.T.