From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2012 00:47:59 -0500
>From:    "Staci L. Sharp" <[log in to unmask]>
>
>OK First off, STOP BASHING and start helping.
>
>She is going down there to take care of Family. There are hundreds
>of thousands of ferrets in California and isn't it more rude and
>disrespectful to drop off beloved pets to the local rescue (in which
>we all know if she posts that she will be equally ripped apart for)
>then to try to find a way to get them into California.

I wasn't bashing or being mean and hateful. I was merely relaying the
reality of the risks of bringing ferrets into California. It can be
done and has been done by lots of people for many years. This gal
just needs to know the risks involved and do research into what is
all involved in bringing ferrets into California (ie, knowing which
highways to avoid coming across the border to avoid being checked,
keeping ferrets inside and away from people who may report her having
them, etc). The anguish of having ferrets confiscated and not knowing
what happens to them afterward, is much worse than leaving them behind
with a trusted ferret friend. I just intended to inform her of the
risks involved so she can make an informed decision for her ferrets'
best interests and safety.

Barb

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains
unawakened." Anatole France