Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:45:07 -0400
>Now, My experience is not the ONLY possible experience. If there
>is someone or some (ones) who have had good results with a carpeted
>ferret room, please speak up

I have twice had carpeted ferret rooms in places that I've rented. One
is current. Each time I put a large tarp on top of the existing 'good'
carpet, then on top of the tarp I put a carpet remnant that I purchase
for about $30 at Home Depot. The corners where the ferrets do their
business have the remnant removed, so that only the tarp shows, and
in those corners on top of the tarp I put newspapers, with a layer of
paper towel on top for better footing and to keep their feet from
getting newsprint on them. Thus, urine and poop never hit any carpet
(other than the occasional accident on the remnant). And, the 'good'
carpet underneath remains 100% protected. When I move, I simply throw
away the remnant and the tarp, although at this point the remnant is
still in such good shape that I would take it with me if I were to
move soon.

In the corners where I don't have the papers I make sure that there are
sleep sacks or other objects to prevent the ferrets from using those
corners as toilets. That holds true for most of the perimeter of the
room.

Jeff
In Loving Memory of Neo, Trinity, Morphy, Baby Girl, Dozer, Possum,
Pip, Pop, Sabrina, Minnie Mouse, Hunny, Misty, Frodo, Baggins, and
Mr. Parker
Caring for Luna, Boomer, and Zoomer