Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2013 19:43:16 -0500
Elmo went to "the Bridge" this afternoon. I knew it was coming. He'd
been really sick the last 3 weeks. Today he was breathing hard too.
He was 5 years old. Of all the ferrets I have owned, Elmo was my most
wakeful ferret.

Most of the time he would take little "cat naps". If he heard me making
noise, he had to investigate-he didn't want to miss anything. He was a
jumper too. He is the reason I had to keep my computer chair away from
the desk when not in use. If I forgot, Elmo could get into the chair,
then onto the desk and create havoc. He always knew when I wouldn't be
looking too.

Elmo was my chewer. I have many things put away or barracaded so he
couldn't chew on them. He was a master of begging for treats. Sitting
on his butt, with his front paws in the air, you couldn't hardly ignore
those boo-boo eyes.Elmo loved his treats but he also loved Cinnamon
Toast cereal. He always wanted more than I would give him. Of my two
ferrets, Elmo was the alpha male. Socks had to wait for Elmo to eat
when I'd fill their food bowl.

I'm not sure but I think there was a race to see who could get their
NBone ate the fastest.If Elmo did he was looking for Socks to see if he
could steal any left. I and Socks are gonna miss you little guy. I hope
you are feeling much better on "the Bridge" . Oh, look up Fang, Honey,
Squeak, Jeep, Buddy, Franky and Ben. Tell them I still miss them too.

Susan (with another hole in her heart)

Socks