From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:03:43 -0800
Tonight, a not-so graceful old lady left us and earned her wings. She
took her last breath @ 9:19 pm while sleeping on my chest.

Alice came into the shelter 3 years ago, at the age of 9 years old. She
came with 4 other ferrets , two of which preceded her to the Bridge.
Alice was a remarkable ferret, giving us 3 good years with her, even
though she had lost most of her silver fur, lost most of the ability to
walk, and went thru a lot of linens due to potting wherever she could.

We were sure, that at 9 years of age, that she would be the first of
her group to leave us, but she was a tough ol' bird. She came to us
with the name of Malice (which we changed to Alice) because they said
she liked to bite. While she did have a penchant for grabbing an ankle
if it wasn't paying attention, it was more a nip to say Hi, rather than
done out of "malice". She was a beautiful Silver ferret, and always
looked like she was wearing eye shadow, even when she lost most of her
coat.

She goes to meet her brother Harley and sister Pumpkin, and takes
another piece of our hearts with her. Alice will have a special place
of honor out by the pond with the others that have left us, and will
always be remembered and loved.

Jim Kennedy, Director
Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from