From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2012 20:54:50 -0800
There are two female ferrets in need of homes at the Lollypop Farm
Humane Society of the Greater Rochester, NY Area. They are just
youngsters, 5 months and 7 months. At this time there are no pictures
available, but you can view some of their information at this site or
check in for pics later. I tried to get a look at the youngsters that
are up for adoption now, but the counselor couldn't be bothered to
locate them as they were not in the small animal area. Isn't their
job to share information to help place animals??? Perhaps I am just
confused.
<http://www.lollypop.org/site/c.clKUI9OQIoJcH/b.7792273/k.8CFC/Adoptable_Animals.htm>

I just adopted the two ferrets that have been there since May. Maddy
is adrenal and got his Des implant today. I call him Matters as in
Debbie's great expression, "Because Kindness Matters." They had been
listed as having health issues - Cushing's disease. I wrote an e-mail
to the DOO who promptly ignored my communication. It was nice to see
the vet (second in command) come around the corner and smile ear to ear
when she saw I was there to take the ferrets. She laughed and told the
new vet tech who was shadowing her that she had no idea why she was
suppose to advise me about the disease -- "she knows more about ferrets
than all of us!" That was a nice compliment - I thought my efforts were
lost on this place. She was genuinely happy to know they were also
coming to my house. She felt badly that they had been there so long.

If I might be of further help, please feel free to contact me.

Cathy.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3