Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2012 07:44:46 -0700
I am not directly involved, but I did go to the uspto site, and took
a few more clicks to do a search for registrations.

The name "AMERICAN FERRET ASSOCIATION" was registered to Nancy Park
this Spring. I could not find a registration of the logo design, but
the lettering for the name is registered to her. This seems to be very
clear indication that it is her intention to own that identity, even
though the organization has been in existence for a long time.
Hopefully, the AFA leadership is aware and on top of this.

Kevin