Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:06:45 -0400
Patrick,
I hope that you still "reside" here with your "ferret family". I know
I have made life long friends here. Some closer than some of my own
family members. I have no idea what I'd do without them. Many of us
have come to find that we have other things in common and share those
passions as well.

I know many people who, due to health reasons, cannot have more than
one or two ferrets or, like you, have "retired" from this way of life.
I've noticed that many remain among us and live vicariously through
other people on this forum or Facbooke. They tend to fall in love with
an individual ferret, stay in touch with the owner, admire the photos
of videos of that ferret, and become "aunts" or "uncles". It's quite
fun actually. Some even send them little Christmas gifts or cards
during the year.

You could "adopt" a ferret at a local rescue. Send a few dollars, a
toy here and there, or whatever you can do. I'm sure the shelter parent
would be appreciative and keep you up to date about that ferrets
status, send a photo, etc.. If there is a shelter near you, I know they
would love a visit here and there. For you to just come in and donate
hugs to the babies. Think of how enriching that would be for them.

Another option is "babysitting" for people if they leave for a weekend
or so. You may not be up to that. But, it's a thought.

In the end, I hope that you do keep some sort of ferret connection. :)
They make our lives better, yes?

Forever your FML friend,
Wolfy