From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2012 10:03:43 -0700
Thank you everyone for your helpful posts regarding the ferret
condition known as rat tail. I am passing this information on to the
friend tht inquired. My recommendatin is to start with a cleansing of
the til with a mild cleaning agent to free any oil glands that might be
blocked. And since many of you have found this condition to go hand in
hand with ACD, I will suggest she also watch for additonal symptoms of
ACD or if necessary get a Des implant or have an Ultrasound completed.

I am not a fond proponent of the Tennessee panel. Too many folks, vets
included feel it is not accurate. For what I would have to pay for that
procedure and to have the sample sent out, I can buy a Des implant and
get an ultrasound of the adrenals done and have change left over. I am
very fortunate in this regard.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help us out on this hairless
tale. ; ) CR

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3