From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2012 07:56:12 -0500
Sarah Senior Reporter
Possum Stepping over to Advisor
January 2012

Sarah Here: OUR MUM IS BACK! Boy or boy we were not sure we were ever
going to get our mum back! Mum brought in the New Year in an unusual
way! She spent Christmas day with her 2 legged furless family and grand
kids - she was warned that they were sick, mum shrugged "so what" she
hangs out with germ factories all the time on the Big Yellow Thingy so
she told her family she was going to be there anyway.

Christmas day she came home in time to do our last shift and do meds -
she had a slight sore throat but nothing she was too concerned about -
well she should have been!!!! She got sicker and sicker as the days
went by, her entire week's vacation she spent sick. Mum did kids and
cages. That means she got us up, put us away, and cleaned our cages,
refreshed food and water. Nothing else! The only one that came to visit
and help was a new shelter friend Miss Victoria - mum was too sick to
want anyone here but, Miss Victoria had made the appointment and plans
to come that day weeks in advance, she lives far away so mum did not
want to cancel her visit, she let Miss Victoria play with us and she
sorta did things then rested then did a few more things then rested
again. All mum wanted to do was sleep - she did a lot of sleeping that
week.

By New years Day she needed medical intervention! Mum does not like or
accept medical intervention easily, she does not like or accept taking
meds easily, so when she sees a doctor and takes meds you know she is
really really sick!

Mum finally had to ask for help! Mum was checked out, prescriptions
called in and meds to ingest, yucky ones - we get our meds in our duck
soup - mum has to take hers without - we want thank Miss Priscilla for
the cotton candy mum got for Christmas - she has been instrumental in
mums' recovery. On top of the pills, mum was prescribed an inhaler to
use that she found to be so yucky that she found it hard to do the
treatments that she was told to do 3 times a day. - she gagged, spit
and sputtered - mum promised both doctor Keenen and Miss Kathy that she
would use the inhaler before she went to bed that night! Mum happened
to have opened one of the bags of cotton candy Miss Priscilla sent her
so after doing 2 puffs of the inhaler, mum opened the mouth wash that
was picked up for her to disguise the inhaler taste - there was a toss
up which taste was worse the inhaler or mouth wash - so mum popped a
good amount of cotton candy in her mouth! WALA the nasty taste was
gone! Mum now has a way to get over the hump so she can take the 3
treatments a day prescribed by the doctor!

Mum needed to get her hands on more cotton candy J - Miss Deena got her
a cotton candy machine several years ago but she was too sick to get it
out to make some - mum took her morning inhaler treatment washing it
down with a good amount of cotton candy. Not a traditional breakfast.
So the song on Mary Poppins movie "a spoonful of sugar helps the
medicine go down" no truer words have ever been spoken or sung!

Thanks Miss Priscilla for helping our mum get better! Mum spent a week
on her own doing just us and cages - one week and 2 days later the
support staff came in to help - Miss Mindy and Miss Marcia were here
the Wednesday morning after New Years day to get the shelter and the
kitchen whipped back into shape. Miss Marcia got the kitchen done,
errands to the PO, bank, grocery store and pharmacy. Miss Mindy got the
play areas back in shape keeping up with shelter duties while mum lay
under the covers sleeping trying to get better! Mum was out of work for
an entire week. Grandma and Grandpa Harvey told Miss Mindy she was to
stay here with us until Mum was back on her feet - Miss Mindy stayed
until Friday night -

Mum did a whole lot of sleeping - but it looks like we have her back -
she was up and moving - stripping play areas and fixing things like she
does around here - 20 days she was down and out! We kids want to say
thanks for all the shelter friends that stepped up to help mum get
better, Dr. Keenen was the bestest doctor ever - he made sure mum got
the medicines she needed and the check-up required - he even called to
check on her -

Possum here: - Hey Sarah can we get on with it please? Shelter news?
Not mum news!

Sarah Here: HELLLLLLOOOOOOO! What mum is not part of the shelter news?

Possum here: Yes but enough is enough - mum is back on her feet, she is
back to doing what needs doing around here so we need to get back to
doing the news as it is intended to be - like the New link Miss Mindy
got up on our site http://www.ferretfarm.org/Animal_Antics.html
Like - the message we got from Miss Wendy L- take a look -

Marshall Products on Facebook was having a photo contest. So, I
submitted one of my pictures that I took down at your place. I
believe this might be Riley's ferret from "Clinic Day".

I got an email from Marshall, that my photo was selected. They will
feed up to 5 ferrets for the year. Shipment quarterly or when
requested. I will stash those bags away for you. Wendy

Sarah Here: Okay! Okay! When Miss Wendy asked mum if we use marshals
food mum told her yes it in one of our mixes - most of us when we come
to the shelter to live we have only been fed Marshals food so with it
in the mix we get the food we recognize as well as other food so we
learn to like the other food too - 514 people looked at our webshots
site
http://community.webshots.com/user/lakeroad2
and the messages I got from doing the news last month.

Tell Sarah she did an excellent job and thanks to Possum for helping!
Hope you enjoy your week. Marcia

WOW! There WAS a lot of news. Glad Sarah and Possum seem to be getting
along well on this project. Bonnie

Possum here: yeah like that silly!

Sarah Here: Well Possum I have all the notes that mum left me covered,
the only thing we have not done it say

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! Until next month
Sarah Senior Reporter
Possum Advisor

Newest Shelter Video
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0GEYL02fnU>