From:
Phyllis Berker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:37:23 -0400
Hi!

In reference to Cathy Ryan's post, I have a DEW (dark eyed white)
female, now 5 yrs. old, and for the last couple years, her tail starts
to look scraggly or the proverbial "rat tail" look, around November,
stays that way until early summer. I cleaned Angel's tail with a
generic type thin, buff puff square (get a box full at CVS for $2),
and a mild liquid soap. I put on a non-oily, natural lotion without
perfumes and alcohol, etc. The tail always looks better, but still
stays thinned out of fur. At the beginnng of summer, Angel furs up
again, and right now, has the thickest fur all over. Her tail is
gorgeous, and she continues to run around and play like a 1 yr. old
ferret. My 3 other ferrets get the same dry food diet mixture, and
they all get a tiny bit of Ferretone oil in a morning (wet) breakfast
chow. My other ferrets are energetic, have nice coats/tails, so I'm
at a loss at why Angel gets the rat tail for a few months.

Phyllis