Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:30:51 -0700
From:
Katt Patt <[log in to unmask]>
I don't think you have had him long enough. I have two previously
starved kids who have not been with me but a few months - well one
just about 3 weeks. They are both gained lots of weight but the muscle
mass is slower. What I suggest, lots of play time. And since we are
going into winter, perhaps you have both the starvation and the winter
weight gain you are contending with.

My personal ferret, Bumble, goes from 3.5lbs in the summer to right
at 5lbs for the winter. He is out almost 18 hours a day. The weight he
fluxates on is the fat. He too has a pink belly that extends to the
weight. Now he also has almost a bulldog appearance compared to the
other ferrets we have. A lot of muscle but we have had him since day
one out of the petstore - yes he is a very large pet store ferret
(early nueter).

Now my one starved kid, left in an apartment with cagemate when they
abandoned the place, he is big but hasn't packed on the heavy weight,
yet. He used to eat all the time and has finally slowed down. So hang
in there. Tons of out of cage time will help. Or at least climbing
activities or dig boxes or other activities such as those.

And yes, people suck. We just have to surround ourselves with the
good people and band together to get the bad ones weeded out of
animal ownership.

Thanks
Kathy of Sammy's Clubhouse Spokane Ferret Rescue and Education