From:
Pie O' Pah At the Bridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:00:00 -0400
[Sherrie W.]

Dear Ferret Queen,

When I first encountered your sweet Phoebe, a poem by Lord Byron came
to mind.

              She Walks in Beauty

    She walks in beauty, like the night
       Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
       Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
    Thus mellowed to that tender light
       Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

    One shade the more, one ray the less,
       Had half impaired the nameless grace
    Which waves in every raven tress,
       Or softly lightens o'er her face;
    Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
       How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

    And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
       So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
    The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
       But tell of days in goodness spent,
    A mind at peace with all below,
       A heart whose love is innocent!

A ferret can indeed smile. For a boy, it's usually a smirk, or a grin,
or a smile of pure content after a good skritch and a kiss on the
tummy. For a girl, it's something akin to a glow. It says she's the
one, the only one that will ever capture your heart. It is a smile of
surety, and of "I told you so!". Be it a boy or girl fuzzit, a smile is
a gift we give to let you know we are happy, we are comfy and we know
we are loved, no matter what we do.

Phoebe had such a smile when she came across the Bridge. It's funny,
but when a girl fuzzit smiles like that, a boy fuzzit melts, swoons
and wants to follow her everywhere. They do you know, follow Phoebe
everywhere! She came to me after she arrived, concerned about the
short history you wrote about her, and she felt there needed to be a
correction or two made, so her she is.

*************

Dear Mom,

You forgot a few things about our history. My name Phoebe means radiant
and shining, I got that way because of you. Second, I was loved very
much and you have taken VERY good care of me all through my whole,
entire life. Third, I was ready to go, sometimes that's just how things
are, you know it is time, and you go. I could not tell you with words,
so I showed you with my body. Yes, you took me to the doctor, and you
both made the right decisions for me, but you are not to blame! So
please stop doing that. I know this letter is late in coming, but I
wanted you to have time to let your heart heal a bit and see that you
had nothing to do with me leaving. I am at peace, and I am here with a
few others who have some things to say that are very important on a
ferret level to a mom we love more then we love Ferretone, raisin's or
any other kind of yummy treat.

****************

SMAX, that's a kiss from me Max!

I will always be your bean head, but I don't know why, is my head
shaped like a bean?

I still play the bite-bite game and loooooovve crunchy noodles,
sometimes both at the same time!

They call me McRazzle, Dorkus McRazzle (did I do it right? Did I sound
like James Bond mom?)

I'm not a stranger any more mom, just strange and I love it, and I
love you!

I AM the polar weasel of your life!

and Loki, Dweezil, Burleigh, Ashby, Shay-Shay, Sebastain, Pixie-Doodle,
Pandora and Felix like it when Emma goes Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

We all agree with Phoebe mom. We wanted to read more about how you
feel, and still do, which is why Mr. Pie said you could write to us
when ever you wanted. We all got to be loved sooooooooooooooooo, a
billion o's more added to that, much, that when we left, all we wanted
was more of your love. We don't like seeing you upset, but we know
that's part of what happens when we leave, we get upset too. Phoebe has
a few more things to say, so we will end by saying WE LOVES YOU MOM!

************

Mom, please read this carefully. If you think you cried tears about me
leaving, think how I felt when I read that letter and it said you hated
yourself. I didn't hate you, none of us hated or hate you, we only hate
the fact that we don't get to live as long as we would like. I cried
too, but more for how you felt about losing me then the fact that I had
to leave. I am hoping that as time has passed, how you feel about this
all has changed as well. I love you, not blame you, You did everything
that was right, and I am sorry that it seemed like it was wrong, but
things really do happen for a reason. The Big Guy always has something
up his sleeve, and sometimes it's small, fuzzy, radiant and shining
just like me!

And lastly, I found this on the FerretNet. It's from a book I got a
chance to read, and yes Mr FML Bill, it's quoted all over the hooman
net too so I can write it in here. Mom my love for you is ever growing,
ever changing to meet your needs and I wanted you to read this quote
and know that even if I borrowed it, I mean it in every fuzzy way
possible.

"I'm here. I love you. I don't care if you need to stay up crying all
night long, I will stay with you. There's nothing you can ever do to
lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I
will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver
than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me."

I hope this helps, I love you. Now back to Pie.

Phoebe arrived to the paws of love of all of those who came before her.
She was filled with love when she arrived, having only taken a last
breath there and her first breath here. She now has love surrounding
her always, and the best gift you can share with her now is that your
heart is in a better place then when she left.

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah