Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2012 05:49:42 -0500
Well. For once, I don't mind writing the FML. It seems that every time
I write, it's about something terrible happening to one of my babies.

NOT THIS TIME! WOOHOO!

We are hoping to be moving soon, and for once we can finally have a
ferret room! (*sounds of happy dooking, cheers, catcalls, and paws
clapping thunderously*) I have some questions, though.

While I realize that this is totally subjective, what is your opinion
of a ferret room's "rules", i.e., do you let yours free-roam in a
certain space all the time? Do you put them in at night? Or what?

What types of toys do you have, i.e., how do toys in a bigger space
differ from those you gave them in a smaller area? Eventually, I'd
love to get more of the Fun-nel tubes and perhaps attach some to the
walls, but they are VERY pricey. Anyone have any they need to get rid
of? Suggestions on where I can get some cheap? Or want to suggest
using something else? The stretshables are too flimsy, I think, and
I want them to be clear so that I can see the ferrets.

Now, the BIG issue: The place we're looking at is completely carpeted.
How can we best cover the carpet in the room to keep it safe from
damage? Having had ferrets in our last place, which also was carpeted,
we learned the hard way that carpeting is irresistible to the little
blighters - they'll tear it up faster than grease goes through a goose.
We've considered heavy plastic like you use under office chairs;
plywood; maybe trying to find some rolls of linoleum? Really need help
on this one! (One issue here: that heavy plastic is EXPENSIVE...and in
any case, we're going to have to get something wall-to-wall, I
presume?) (Maybe cover the buggers' paws with little ferty-gloves? ;) )

If anyone wants to send me ideas or even pix of their own indoor
"ferret playland" to give me ideas, I'd love to look at them!

Thank you!

~Eri

--

 /\_/\