Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 12 May 2012 10:43:45 -0500
From:
Elizabeth Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
In 2009, I adopted Cally from Millie Sanders in Dallas. Cally was one
of the Rainbow ferrets that were sent to Millie when they stopped
breeding ferrets. Cally was a tiny girl, about 5 years old, who had
some trauma to her neck. She was lethargic and could barely lift her
head to eat. She had to be carried over to her food and water bowls.
Gradually her neck muscles grew stronger and she resumed walking. Cally
always had a head tilt left over from her horrible days as a breeder.

I can only imagine the existence she and the others endured. After I
adopted her, Cally never wanted for anything. She had good food, soft
clean bedding, toys, playmates. Even though she had a whole bedroom to
wander in and lots of places to sleep, Cally preferred to keep to
herself and slept on a hammock in a sleeping box. She wasn't interested
in toys or playing. On the occasions when she did totter out to the
living room, I went over to her and made a happy fuss. Cally would
allow me to hold her for only seconds. She enjoyed her earned
retirement on her own terms. She was never sick the entire time she
lived with me, until a few weeks ago. Her back legs stopped working.
Thinking it might be insulinoma, I gave her pred and duck soup. She
perked up a bit, then declined again. Last Friday I had to help her to
the Bridge. Cally was a precious little girl who was scarred by the
trauma of living in a breeding facility, but led a dignified, quiet
life once she was freed from there. She was a quiet joy.