From:
Pie O' Pah At the Bridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:00:00 -0400
[Sarah A.]

Dear Mom & Dad,

This is probably the 9th greeting I have done this evening. Good thing
I have warm Ferretone in one of those heat insulated mugs, otherwise I
would have been long sleeping in my hammie after the first two were
done.

There are greeting scrolls all over my desk, some as old as March of
this year, and it makes me feel so bad for not getting to them, but my
family was going through a really tough time, and just when I thought
they were back on track they had two car accidents. One that wasn't so
bad, just a few scratches on the car, but the other one hurt my mum
pretty darn bad, so I've been looking over here and trying my best to
send her love.

Now it's time for me to send some other love out from fuzzits who have
been waiting just as long as their parents have been waiting.

April was a very pretty month up here. I love it when everything is in
bloom, and there are fun rain showers to war dance in. I was doing just
that when Pendleton, Gizmo and Bob, who IS a girl, came war dancing my
way. We were all pretty wet, but it was the kind of wet we enjoy, and
not the "evil bathing" kind of wet. Pendleton had a Tupperware full of
yummy cantaloupe, and Bob was waiting for a good tussle, she told me
that when Simi got over the Bridge, the first thing she was going to
do was jump right on her and give her the wrestle of her new life.

It was still lightly sprinkling when we got the Bridge. Gizmo pointed
out that there seemed to be tiny rainbows everywhere, and there was.
The trees were full of fat, lazy, rain drops, and they hung their like
crystal on a piney chandelier. It made prisms of them all and so it
looked like there were hundreds of rainbows all over the place.

I remember telling them that Simi was the Chumash Indian word for
"Wind", and just as I finished my sentence, guess who came blowing
over the Bridge? SIMI!

This adorable, tiny white beauty came tumbling over the Bridge giggling
up a storm. She was laughing because a few kits had come with her and
the business of them got caught up in one and another and the six of
them came rolling over in a bundle of wind blown fuzz. When they
finally came to a stop, even before Simi had anytime to catch her
breath, Bob was right on top of her. I don't think it mattered much
Simi, because I saw the look in her eyes as Bob took that flying leap
right onto her soft, little tummy. They were both so happy to see one
and another. Gizmo joined in, as did the five little kits and Pendleton
and I sat there enjoying cantaloupe.

It's October now, and those five kits are still with Simi and the
others. It's like the moment they encountered her, they knew they had
found their new home. Everyone is decorating for Halloween up here,
I am as well. We plan on having a fun evening full of bobbing for
crochet eggs, eating peanut butter covered goodies and letting the
kits get costumed up to trick or treat for all of the yummy goodies
they can find before they poop out from so much dooking and war dancing!

The nights will become longer, and the stars will come out earlier, so
if you have some time, could the both of you go outside and look up at
them? Look for the ones that twinkle the most, that's were Simi, Gizmo,
Bob and Pendleton are looking down on you with love!

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah