From:
Susan Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2013 20:02:34 -0700
It's here! It's here!! On Tuesday, April 2, ferrets all over the
country are gonna be celebrating National Ferret Day! Let the treats
fly and the 'tone flow! Break out the extra tubes and ping-pong balls!
It's gonna be a great day to be a ferret!

And to make the day even more fun, we will be kicking off our silent
auction to help raise vet funds for the Friskys at Friskybiznus
Ferret Sanctuary. Friskybiznus is a hospice and sanctuary for ill,
handicapped, elderly and behaviorly challenged ferrets -- the
"unadoptables". Several of these babies have ongoing vet care and
medication and require intensive care. We have taken in two very ill
little girls since January. One of them, Ferrah, is our Poster Child
for our auction and you can read her story on the auction page. She is
truly a miracle. The newest rescue just came to us two days ago and is
a victim of severe neglect. Coffee is a 6-year-old little girl and is
very underweight, hairless and swollen from adrenal and has a large
mast cell tumor on her head. Her nails had never been trimmed (or at
least not for a very long time) and she has a back toe that is deformed
from either the long nails or an injury. The owners thought she was
vitamin deficient and fed her "ferret paste". They could not tell me
the food she was eating, except to describe it as "the kind with fruits
and vegetables in it". She lived in cedar shavings. Coffee is going to
require a lot of prayers, care and vet treatment to turn her around
(she will be taken in to the vet as soon as we can get her in).

Our auction will help us provide the proper treatment and medications
for Ferrah, Coffee and the eleven other Friskys that depend on us.
Some very generous and kind folks have donated some beautiful, fun and
unique items for you to bid on and WIN! We have ferret bedding, art,
gift baskets, jewelry and more! You are sure to find something you and
your ferret will LOVE and you will be doing a very generous and kind
act by supporting our sanctuary. ALL of the proceeds go to our vet
account and, boy, we sure can use the help right now.

So please visit the link below and join in on the fun! It is easy to
create an account and you can even set a proxy vote for that special
item you don't want to lose to another bidder. Oh, and now they even
have a mobile app so you can follow the auction on your smart phone!
Here is the link:
http://www.32auctions.com/organizations/6395/auctions/7528

Thank you, thank you, so very much!! We are so grateful!!!

Dooks ~n~ Dances,
Susan Baker, Owner/Operator
Friskybiznus Ferret Sanctuary
www.friskybiznusferrets.com