Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:45:24 -0400
I know I've said in the past that I could not get ferrets again for a
variety of reasons, but 4 months after Klondike's departure I found
myself looking on CL & petfinders at ferrets for adoption. During the
most intense part of my grieving process, when I couldn't even look at
Klondike's picture without crying, I didn't think about getting other
ferrets. Though I am still grieving for Minky & Klondike, the sadness
and crying has gotten better. A couple of weeks ago my bf started
looking at what he calls "ferret porn" and then I started doing it. We
both feel our life has been empty and kind of meaningless without them.
Those of you who have followed my trials and tribulations, first with
Rocky, then later with Minky & Klondike are probably sick of hearing
me say that I can never have ferrets again for a variety of reasons.
As such, you may also think I'm a pain in the butt, but once again I
need advice.

After looking casually/occasionally for 2 weeks, I thought I'd wait
until Fall to get more ferrets. Then 3 days ago I found someone with
2 very cute ferrets that the owner says are 17-20 months old, which is
a great age for me. I expressed my interest. There are some problems
regarding getting the ferrets (without seeing them other than pics)
because the owner lives far away and I don't have a car, as well as
sneaking them into the building. This is not a problem regarding the
ferrets, as I have a "stealth" carrier, but the cage is another issue.
(I'd like to take it because it is their home, even though I have 2
other cages that I would love to donate to a shelter if they could
pick them up.) All of my other ferrets were given to me; I didn't
choose them at a pet store or shelter. So here I am again in the same
situation. The owner said she adopted the ferrets a few months ago
from a shelter in Walden, NY. I have written to the shelter to see if
I could get any more info; I hope I don't get the current owner in
trouble for not bringing them back to the shelter because I feel she's
responsible in looking for another home for them after finding out how
much work they are. I think she's probably doing it on CL so she can
recoup some of the money's she's spent after having them such a short
time.

Here's my problem: Since I wrote to the owner in a manner that would
be interpreted as saying I would take them, I've had some trepidation/
nervous feelings about it.

Does this means I am not ready to get more ferrets? Is it just because
I'm nuts, Wolfy?

Thanks for your help & support over the years.

Shron
Angels Rocky, Minky & Klondike