Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2012 11:40:40 -0400
From:
The fiercely hot weather broke here, and the day was perfect: with a
breeze, lovely cloud formations, brilliant blue skies. And I drove
through cow and corn country to visit a dear friend once again.

It is really amazing to me how lovely the ferrets are at Zoos Ferret
Sanctuary. So many joyful beauties bouncing around, chortling, and
making me laugh. And as always, Zoo is the most gracious hostess. She
is perhaps the kindest person I have ever met in my life. I could never
put up with the miriad of situations and rotten people she has to
interact with....not without a bleeding ulcer, and my tongue bitten
off.

The ferret thrown out of the moving car unlikely to survive was there,
bouncing around Zoos steely gaze. Beautiful cannot be allowed to climb
anything. He cannot suffer a fall. And there is this 3 legged girl that
has spots like a Dalmation zipping around. I never would have known
she was missing a leg. Her survinval after surgery was most uncertain.
Intensive Care was around the clock for days. But now? She certainly
had a set of lungs on her. LOL. If she did not get the bag, or the N
Bone, or whatever it was she wanted, she let one and all know. What a
character. Missing a leg is not going to stop this pretty little girl
from being bossy.

I picked up and kissed the wrong little sable girl..She had put two
little girls in the hospital tearing up their faces before Zoo worked
with her. You would never know now. I played with the ferret that bit
to the bone that I would not touch for two years prior. There was the
huge lug of a boy just lying on his back in one of the boxes I brought
over (with crinkly paper and paper towels, and blanket) He has
lymphoma. But he was mellow, kissy,and content.

Some are ready for yet another expensive lupron shot. This particular
shelter has thousands more in medical bills than other ferret shelters.
The healthy young ones go to another shelter. This one has taken in
hundreds of the inferm, old, and injured. Many now have coats softer
and silkier than my spoiled goof balls.

There are the blind ones, the ones that cannot get along with any other
ferret,the ones at the very end of life on one side,and the remainder
of the 29 or is it 27? dumped on her by one of those people you see on
Judge Judy. You know: one of those people who live and leach off the
kindness of others. Zoo spent and continues to spend large sums of
money on surgeries and meds and soups that they have required. And as
so often happens, the ferrets so loved and cheerished by the owner (uh
huh) the litter boxes were not cleaned for so many years that the
ferrets deficate anywhere now.

This person gave NO money for all the care of these babies. In fact, he
would ask a poor shelter mom for her money. And it may be that the man
took in another ferret that died, and now has yet another. To me, He is
like the dementor in Harry Potter books: He sucks the happiness out of
a room, and off of the life of others. When he is known for what he is,
he moves on to the next victims.

There are many more here. Each one of these little souls has a story of
sadness...divorce.bankruptsy, a baby, a terrible person NOT caring for
them, etc. But here we are in Zoos' home soaking up ferrety company in
this huge and happy ferret room with bouncing loonies, and laid back
surfer dudes, and teensy fragiles, and inquisitive kissers. Sharing a
few hours of ferret love with one of the nicest, most honorable lady
that I have ever met.

It was truly a lovely day through and through. Though I do worry about
her. The expenses are staggering. And the hours are grueling. Keep her
in your prayers And maybe think of donating a dollar or two

Hugs and health to all the floor poopers.

Lisette