From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:04:57 -0400
Just one last thing in regard ferrets with biting reputations.

I did it. I promised myself that the next time i was at my friend
Florence Love's home, I would NOT ignore the boys, Evander and Tyson.
Well today, i did NOT!

As Florence held each boy, i gave them the best belly scratch i had.
Ohhhh, they were so sweet, and NOT ONCE did either one of them try or
even make the slightest move, to bite me. Look what I missed out on
last time just because i was afraid of them because of their biting
reputation. I felt so good!!

Tyson and Evander, I am so sorry. I owe you a huge apology. At one time
you may have had one heck of a biting problem, but thanks to your mom
teaching you that touches aren''t always a bad thing, that love can
come from a human touch. In those teachings you have learned to trust
humans and that is a wonderful gift and NO ONE could have taught you
better than your mom. Thank you for letting me pet you and scratch your
tummies. You are beautiful and very handsome boys and I KNOW your mom
is very proud of you. Thank you for teaching me about bad reputations
and NOT always doing things with those reputations to guide me.

Thank you for being the loving boys that you are today. Next time i
come to your house, i will scratch your tummies again with no fear of
becoming fingerless. Good job Florence.

VERY SINCERELY!
Sue Pyron