Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:41:23 -0500
The N-bone experiment entered my head because my thrifty friend Zoo
cuts her N bones into thirds. They are really expensive treats that
seem to do a great job at keeping my ferrets teeth and gums in tip-top
shape. But with so many greedy mouths to appease, and an ever dwindling
pocket book, it seemed best to follow in the footsteps of a savvy
ferret person. Yet I felt guilty. What if there was not nearly enough
satisfaction in holding onto the smaller stick? It was harder to hold
onto to, thus not as enjoyable? How much of a difference might it make
to the little vixens? Sooo....Yesterday, I felt that as ferrets are so
intelligent, I would do an experiment for my own edification. I eagerly
cut the new packages of N-bones open, and cut one group into thirds
and the other in half. I was still in the process of opening bags and
cutting the N-bones when my deaf wild Buffy pulled herself adroitly
onto the couch. I curtailed my endeavors and in eager stillness awaited
the results of my first test. Would Buffy pick the treat cut into
halves or cut into thirds.? Like a breeze blowing by me, she whipped
past the two piles without a glance. She was immediately in my lap,
grabbing two whole N-bones from a pack I had just spilled open with her
teeth, and leaped off the couch and away. There did not seem to be any
thought. There was no sniffing. No glances. It happened so quickly, it
took another few moments to absorb what had just occurred.

Interpretation?