Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 20:48:29 -0700
My niece who is a college student in Flagstaff, AZ called me tonight
saying her roommate found a ferret beside the road near their
apartments. She was asking what to do. I did the normal thing telling
them to have a cage (they have a pet taxi), give it food (they were
going to Petsmart to get some), and water. Then check the papers,
call the radio station, look on the bulletin board at their apartment
complex, and also post a flyer saying a ferret has been found, but not
describing the ferret. Let the caller describe the ferret to them. I
also told her not to take it to the animal shelter yet as sometimes
they put them down.

They are going to try and find the owner. I told her there is a shelter
in Showlow, and one in Cornville, I think. Otherwise I may be making a
342 mile trip one way to rescue this ferret. She said the ferret seems
very tame and friendly, so I told her the owner is probably looking for
this little one. If you know of anyone in the Flagstaff area who has
lost a ferret, please contact me and I will give the information to my
niece.

Thank you.

mjo and the zoo......