From:
soft breeze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2011 08:07:22 -0800
my old vet would let me use the generic form of carafate .. sucolofate
tablets mixed in water my new vet says it is not safe to do so.. as it
is NOT stabilized

i called a on line pharmacy that the wal mart had given me and they
said that they had nothing about it being mixed with water.

my? does anyone use the suclafate (typo) generic form of carafate and
mix it with water for their ferrets?

if so please send details as
1. how much tablet
2. how much water and how long is it stable

the carafate suspension liquid is so expensive even at Wal Mart they
wanted over $100 for a pint of it!! my ferret has to take this the
rest of his life.!!!

can anyone advise?