Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 00:34:21 -0700
Of course the best way is word of mouth so posting on here is a good
idea. I also have a section in my ferret forum for finding vets
http://ferretocious.hyperboard.com
This site also lists ferret vets by state
http://www.ferret.org/links/vets.html

Another thing you do is contact a local ferret shelter and ask them
who they recommend. This site lists shelters by state
http://www.ferret.org/links/shelters.html

Finding a ferret knowledgeable vet, though, is really something you
should do before getting ferrets. They're so few and far between that
you may just end up being miles and miles from the nearest one.

Laura