From:
Joan Clague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2012 05:04:26 -0700
While Nancy and I probably disagree more than we agree on various
aspects of ferret breeding, I respect and admire her honesty,
integrity, and dedication to breeding quality, healthy ferrets. She
is one of only two breeders I recommend to people who are looking for
a healthy, long lived ferret after previously having bought one or
more from show breeders who developed health problems and/or died at
a young age.

Several years ago I joined the AFA for one year but did not renew my
membership, due to the way it was run. I cannot support any
organization which is run by a very few who, in turn, appear to allow
one person to dictate the policies and actions of the organization.
I never received a copy of the AFA Constitution and/or Bylaws, but I
would hope that it has the same requirements of the various dog clubs I
belonged to over a 30 year period, ie, the officers and board memebers
are elected by the membership. They are not appointed nor can they (or
chairmen of the various committees) be removed simply because they
wrote or said something to offend the controlling person(s) in the
organization.