From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 18:04:47 -0400
Hey All!
The other day when I wrote in about biters, reputations, and love
witheld because of being biters, I had no idea it would get so many
comments, really good comments that made me think.

Just about every serious ferret lover (long term, years and years and
years) has had a biter or two in their lives. As I read the stories,
all I was picking up was how much love these ferrets received a special
way of handling things, not tricks of the trade type comments. Seems
to me that those biters received and "extra heapin' helpin'" of the
spoiling factor. It seemed to me that all of the people took what could
have been problem, and turned it into a blessing. They gave so much
extra time, and love that the ferret turned out to be "the sweetest
ferret I've ever had" How awesome is that?? It seems to me that even
though the ferret looks like the blessed one in the relationship
between ferret and ferret-parent, the ferret-parent too had been
blessed with "in your face" proof that the power of love CAN make
miracles happen. I too have had a couple of biters, one very serious
biter. The louder you'd yell when she bit, the harder she'd clamp on. I
didn't take her back, i didn't ignore her. I loved her and kept loving
her. By the time she went to the Bridge,YEARS later (she lived to be
9 1/2!) she was indeed one of the sweetest ferrets I'd ever been owned
by. I too, have been the blessed one by having biters, and especially
Miss Annie in my life.

So there on that sew day, I with held picking up that ferret because it
bit. I won't do that again. (I will be respectful though!) I will give
that sweet ferret the extra love it deserve, wants and needs.. All of
your posts really enlightened me. I like when I get enlightened. Thank
you all so much! All this from a simple post, whoda thought??!!

Dooks!
Sue