Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 19:12:56 -0800
There was a post about Totally Ferret Treats and the fact that they
are not available.

I had contacted performance foods a few weeks ago and this was their
response.

"Unfortunately we have been unable to locate a facility to produce the
treats. Our original production facility increased the minimum required
production to an amount that would require an excessive price increase.
We tried a few baked versions but the ferrets didn't like them.

We understand your frustration - we're very frustrated too. It is our
hope that we will find a new facility but at this point it does not
look promising."

I replied asking them not to give up.

Since their response sounded like they were giving up or may give up.
I'm asking that everyone contact performance foods and let them know we
are still waiting and needing the Totally Ferret Treats. If enough of
us contact them maybe that will renew their desire to get these treats
produced again.

In my case I have a wonderful ferret (now between 5 and 6) who only
eats the Totally Ferret Treats and Yoggies. Yoggies are very bad for
him and we haven't had them here for about 3 - 4 years, but I may have
to go back to them. I have tried just about every other treat on the
market and so far he will just sniff them and look at me with those
pleading eyes looking for a treat. The rest of our fuzzies like Bandits
but not him and I feel so guilty giving them to the rest of the ferrets
and leaving him out.

I don't think I can post the name, email addresses, and phone number
but feel free to contact me off list and I will send you this
information. I'll put the email address in this post but it may be
removed so feel free to ask me off list for the email address.
The email address is [log in to unmask]

Thanks
Mike

[Moderator's note: The e-mail address is ok, it's appeared here
before. BIG]