From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2011 20:18:30 -0700
Yesterday there was a post on the FML asking folks to go to the link
to sign a petition directed to Director of the CDC. As a taxpayer you
might want to know your funds are being used by the CDC, FDA and NIH
to buy ferrets from Triple F Ferret Farm - a place where the care and
attention of this product - yes sadly the ferrets are considered
agricultural product (by the USDA) to be used for research. The CDC,
FDA and NIH are all a part of the problem when they continue to make
purchases from a company that tortures, maims, provides inadequate
housing and unlicensed veterinary care for these animals. If these
organizations are continuing to buy Triple F ferrets because they are
unaware of the situation -- then they owe it to the taxpayers to follow
suit to what Petland Corporation did. Look into the problem. Realize
how horrible conditions are and STOP buying from them.

The ferret community is so powerful in the US and other countries
especially when we combine forces. We love all fuzzies! We heal them
and their families with our prayers, we help them get their surgeries,
meds and food with our private funds. A simple signature will help us.
We need to show strength and unity by our numbers and that we are not
going away. Please sign all three petitions linked below.

Links to help you help the ferrets. The more signatures the better.

To the Director of the CDC:
<http://www.change.org/petitions/dr-frieden-centers-for-disease-control-and-prevention-any-and-all-contracts-with-triple-f-ferret-farm-be-canceled-immediately>
To the Director of the NIH:
<http://www.change.org/petitions/director-national-institutes-of-health-cancel-any-and-all-contracts-with-triple-f-ferret-farm-immediately>
To the Director of the FDA:
<http://www.change.org/petitions/director-us-food-and-drug-administration-cancel-any-and-all-contracts-with-triple-f-ferret-farm-immediately>

Cathy Ryan
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3
Help feed the animals with one simple click.